Intellectual Property Law
Intellectual Property law deals with laws to protect and enforce the rights of the creators and owners of inventions, writing, music, designs, and other works, known as the “intellectual property.” There are several areas of intellectual property including copyright, trademarks, patents, and trade secrets.
Endris Amino Law Office works closely with leading companies to enforce and utilize their intellectual property rights. Our Intellectual services cover an extensive range of areas. This includes dealing with IP issues in corporate and finance transactions, advising on patents, trademarks, copyright and designs, regulatory, marketing, and advertising issues, and representing clients in major intellectual property disputes.
Our law office has assisted clients in enforcing their Intellectual Property rights and taking anti-counterfeiting actions including instituting both civil and criminal proceedings. Our office provides services covering trademarks, patents, utility models, and industrial designs, and we are licensed to conduct trademark registration from the Ethiopian Intellectual Property Office “EIPO”. Our lawyers will give you legal services in the following areas under the Ethiopian intellectual property law:
- Trademark search
- Filing and registering trademark applications
- Filing trademark priority right applications
- Renewing trademark registrations
- Filing patent applications including priority right applications
- Filing patent of introduction applications
- Filing utility model applications
- Filing for compulsory licenses
- Filing application for the registration and correction of copyright
- Renewal of registration
- Registering assignment of rights
- Filing Industrial design applications including priority right applications
- Inspecting records and documents of EIPO & extracting copies
- Maintaining industrial design registrations (renewal and/or extension of registrations)
- And many more.